Back pain can be painful and sometimes can be debilitating. With reports suggesting that 8 out of 10 people will experience back pain at some stage of their life* it makes sense that we do as much as we can to take care of our backs.
Maintaining a healthy spine and joints
Keeping your spine flexible is an important factor for maintaining a healthy spine. Regular movement is the key to ensuring that discs between the vertebrae and the joint cartilage can achieve their maximum range and so increase local circulation and nutrition to surrounding fluid and tissues.
Here are 10 tips that will help you to maintain a healthy spine and joints:
1. Keep on the move and stretch
2. Exercise regularly
3. Avoid staying in one position for any length of time e.g. hunched over your computer
4. Take regular breaks when performing repetitive tasks
5. Pace your activity and don’t overdo it e.g. when exercising or lifting heavy objects
6. Avoid straining when lifting anything
7. Adjust your car seat for optimal support
8. Ensure your bed mattress provides you with sufficient support
9. Start young by making sure your children have good posture
10. Get osteopathic advice sooner rather than later
Visit an experienced London Osteopath in W1 and N2 N10
If you are suffering back pain or discomfort and you would like further information on how I may help you or to book an Osteopathy appointment at either of my osteopathy clinics in London W1 and London N2 N10 please feel free to send me a message or call me on 020 8815 0979.
* Palmer KT, Walsh K, et al. Back pain in Britain: comparison of two prevalence surveys at an interval of 10 years BMJ 2000;320:1577-1578
The Robin Kiashek Central London Osteopathy Clinic
Providing Osteopathy and related services to Central London including London W1 and Soho.
The Robin Kiashek North London Osteopathy Clinic
Providing Osteopathy and related services to North London including London N2, N10, Muswell Hill and East Finchley.